Here are some publications to help you find out more about Quakers:
- Advices and Queries – a booklet of Quaker thoughts and advice for life’s journey.
- What do Quakers Believe? by Geoffrey Durham, published by Christian Alternative, also available as an ebook.
- Being a Quaker: a guide for newcomers by Geoffrey Durham, published by Quaker Quest, also available as an ebook.
- Quakers: a very short introduction by Pink Dandelion, published by Oxford University Press, also available as an ebook.
- A Light that is Shining by Harvey Gillman, published by Quaker Books.
- A reading list for children and young people is available.
Most Quaker meetings have a library where you can borrow books. Quaker Quest have a table where you can buy them. Or you can drop into the The Quaker Bookshop at Friends House, across Euston Road from Euston Station in London. It is open Mondays through Fridays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. It has a has a wide range of Quaker literature, as well as other books on spirituality, which can also be ordered online.
You can request an enquirers pack to get free material, including a book, in the post.